UPDATE Newsletter June 2020
La Posada del Angel prepared to offer a safe holiday
We are now almost thirteen weeks further in the exceptional corona situation. We hope that everyone in your vicinity is healthy and that you have found your home with each other, the work, the children and (grand) parents. In this way we want to keep travellers informed about the situation with us in Ojén.
In Ojén we only had a few corona virus cases, but now nobody suffers from it anymore.
Spain is still in “state of alarm” and this situation has been extended again until June 21. The lock down probably will finish at this date. The province of Malaga is in phase 3 of the “de-escalation” and we are allowed to travel through Andalusia now. From July 1, tourists will be allowed entry again, and with very few restrictions, so no period of quarantine and the opening of beaches, shops, restaurants, attractions, etc.
La Posada del Angel is already open again from May 18 for guests from the province of Malaga, while complying with the current guidelines. In the village, most restaurants and bars reopened their terraces for a limited number of visitors and shops reopend.
The general areas of the hotel partly opened. These, and also the swimming pool, are open again from phase 2, although a number of rules apply to the swimming pool.
What do we see as the advantages of La Posada del Angel?
Our idea is that due to our small scale of both the hotel and the village, we can offer guests a safe environment, while everyone will of course have to comply with the new rules of contact that we must apply everywhere. What we see as our advantages :
- The hotel is small-scale, so we never talk about large numbers of people together
- The hotel has a lot of outdoor space, with 3 larger terraces, 3 private terraces and 2 smaller terraces.
- We will make time for breakfast. Using the lobby and 2 patios we can place the tables further apart. If necessary, we can work with time slots, which guests can choose the night before. Breakfast is then served at the table.
- If guests wish, we can cook more than 3 times a week, allowing guests to dine in a safe environment. Here too we can introduce an early and late corridor.
- Of course we will disinfect as many rooms and furniture as possible and act according to the desired guidelines.
- Beautiful walks can be made from the hotel, where you will hardly meet anyone.
- We can also provide you with extensive information about day trips, also to places that the transit tourist does not know. And we can tell you about the beautiful but quieter beaches.
- We can provide you with a nice packed lunch, which you can take with you during your trip. You can choose from sandwiches to an extensive picnic.
- Meanwhile we arrived in the spring. Much in Spain takes place outside. When restaurants are allowed to open again, they often have a terrace outside .. As soon as the restaurants are allowed to open again, we will inform the owners about their adjustments.
- Our pool is always quiet during the day because many guests are on the road. If you stay at home for a day, you may have the bath to yourself. At the busier times, between 4 pm and 8 pm, we could also work with half hour slots. Whether this works should be seen in practice.
- We also rent four houses in Ojén. Here you have your own space and terraces. Take a look at this page about our holiday homes .
- Reservations for the hotel can be cancelled free of charge up to 48 hours before time.
- Ojén is a 15 minute drive from Marbella Old Town and the beaches.
For more information and photos, please visit our website. In the meantime, we hope that everyone stays safe and healthy so that when the world opens up again, you can count on us to organize any Spanish travel adventure. And in the meantime, we will continue to inform you about the situation in Andalusia via social media and on our website.
To stay up to date via facebook, go to our facebook page to like.